The Performance squads are for Nationally Ranked players only who are in school, are playing a minimum of 3 times per week and competing in Australian ranking tournaments regularly.
These squads are delivered by Voyager’s top coaches and provide a high intensity training environment designed for players to achieve peak performance in tournament play. These sessions cover the 4 cals: Technical, Tactical, Psychological and Physical.
There are many benefits of the Performance squads:
- A world class training environment with many of Australia's top ranked junior and senior players who are also participating in these squads
- Receive coaching from some of Australia's best High performance Coaches many who have ex tour professional experience and have coaches some of the best juniors in the world
- Learn and implement various tactical strategies throughout each session to enhance tournament performances
- Increased physical fitness through the intense training environment
- Increased mental toughness and strategies to use during tournament matches
In order to gain acceptance into the Performance squads, every player must be:
- Nationally ranked or meet the minimum standard requirements for the particular squad they are interested in attending
- Be willing to work very hard in the intense training environment in every session
- Be positive throughout each session as any unsportsmanlike conduct such as throwing racquets, will not be tolerated
- A team player, listen to their coaches and respect their peers
As this is an environment where everyone is striving to be their best, any player not meeting the behavior standards of these squads will not be invited back.
For those who would like to pursue a U.S. College scholarship or a professional career, we would strongly recommend the Elite McDonald College Program as the next step.
The McDonald College Program is the pinnacle of all Voyager programs and provides all the aspects of training in order to be a world class player with an integrated Tennis and Academic program.
Read here for more information about the McDonald College Program.
Most players who are participating in our Performance squads are actively pursuing a U.S. College Tennis scholarship.
Voyager Tennis has more than 40 program graduates who are currently in the United States on Tennis Scholarships and in the next couple of years we would expect that number to rise above 100 players. Read more about U.S. College Scholarships here.