The selective program is by invitation only and is designed for players who have already shown strong progress and promise with serving, rallying and competing.
The objective of the program is to fast-track these players so that they can successfully compete in tennis competitions at an inter-club level and beyond.
The Selective Program has a number of benefits including:
- Developing advanced tennis aspects including all areas including 'The 4 Cals' Technical, Tactical, Psychological and Physical.
- Improving competitive skills through repetition and instruction from our elite coaching team.
- Improved self esteem and confidence is very evident in kids in our Selective Program and above. Most of the students in our Selective Program are one of the best tennis players at their school and they have built an identity around being successful at an activity (tennis).
- Improved work ethic and self discipline comes as result of being in a high performance program and a competitive training environment. Players who don't work hard or keep up with the rest of the group in most cases will be cut from the program.
There are a couple of key differences between the Selective Program and the Development Hotshots Program:
1. The sessions are more intense.
2. They are longer in duration
3. We teach more advanced technical and tactical components
4. There is more emphasis placed on fitness, footwork and agility
5. A high level of discipline is non negotiable and any players who mess about will not be allowed back into the program
The Selective Tennis program is by invitation only. Our key criteria for being invited into the program is:
1. Players must be able to consistently serve, rally and score.
2. Players must have competed in at least one tennis competition (our Hotshots Challenge that we run each term is acceptable)
3. General athletic ability
4. Good hand-eye coordination
5. Good work ethic and competitiveness
6. Ability to follow instructions
7. Commitment to playing 3 times a week otherwise they will fall behind and don’t achieve the rapid development we are after
For players who are looking to continue to accelerate their tennis development, our next level program is Junior Performance and Performance Squads. These squads have many of Australia's best juniors training and playing in this program and all are regularly competing in Australian ranking tournaments.
For a more accelerated program and for those players who have ambitions toward U.S. College or professional tennis we would reccommend The McDonald College program at Sydney Olympic Park.
We currently deliver the Selective Program at Next Generation Ryde and the Warringah Recreation Centre in North Manly.
Please click on the links below for more information, contact details and how to book in.
- Voyager Tennis Academy North Manly
- Voyager Tennis Academy Ryde